What is Victoza®?
Victoza® (liraglutide) injection 1.2 mg or 1.8 mg is an injectable prescription medicine that may improve blood sugar (glucose) in adults with type 2 diabetes, and should be used along with diet and exercise.
- Victoza® is not recommended as the first choice of medicine for treating diabetes.
- It is not known if Victoza® can be used in people who have had pancreatitis.
- Victoza® is not a substitute for insulin and is not for use in people with type 1 diabetes or people with diabetic ketoacidosis.
- It is not known if Victoza® can be used with mealtime insulin.
- It is not known if Victoza® is safe and effective for use in children.